Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Tuesday Afternoon

Shhh - don't tell, but it is really Wednesday morning.  I was having such a lazy Tuesday that I ran out of time.  Here are some random things we've been enjoying lately.  It's the simple pleasures in life.
 Pretty markers in the crab pots, crab season is starting in Washington

 A metal deer with pitchfork antlers - this one won't eat your garden

 Tiny local lending libraries - these are popping up all over town and each one is decorated differently.  Neighbors share books and videos with each other.

 A flicker sitting on the ground in an apple orchard
 And a field of Queen Anne's Lace

11 comments:

21 Wits said...

Fun, happy photos, that deer is so cute, and we have those little libraries popping up all over town too!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely collection of images. I love the cute deer and the Queen Anne's lace is pretty. Cool capture of the Flicker! Enjoy your day!

Amy at love made my home said...

All so lovely!! I really like the deer, especially the great long eyelashes!! The little library is a good idea too isn't it. Hope you had a good Wednesday. xx

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

I heard Maybelline makes a line for animals domestic and wild: Moobelline. This deer obviously likes it!
;) m & jb

Julie Fukuda said...

My kids in Oregon have those sidewalk libraries and, as a former librarian, I think it is a great idea. Nice to see that creative deer that isn't going to jump out and snarl traffic.

Marigene said...

The rusty deer makes me smile!

Kay said...

Oh, how I LOVE that deer! (And I also love little free libraries, too!)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I lived in Washington State when I was in my very early 20s for 2 or 3 years. There are a great many things I miss about it; it is a beautiful place. But, we didn't live near the ocean and there was no real change of seasons, so I had to move back to my beloved seaside New England home. That deer is fantastic!!

Peggy said...

You always find such interesting things when you're out with your camera (and I suppose you don't go anywhere without one, do you). I'm particularly taken with the neighborhood library - we have started one here, but it's a bin on the ground at our mailbox center. May have to do something about that!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

JoAnn, you have shared some more beautiful pictures and thank you. Love the deer with the pitchfork antlers and the little library boxes. What a great idea..Happy Thursday..Judy

J said...

Such a fun collection today!
Unusual texture collage in the crab pots.
I LOVE the deer!
The little libraries are the sweetest thing! I am aware of two of them nearby me.