Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rocks


We have been amazed at the rocks here in Washington - all sizes, shapes and colors.  There are so many uses for the rocks
They can be pretty decorations on the deck - in a bowl of water
Or a hiding place for your ducklings on a lake
When a small pond is frozen over in the winter little boys can toss rocks on the ice to see how many it will hold

You can make things with rocks - monuments, historical markers, fence posts, or a pretty garden
Rocks are good for retaining walls by parks - with pretty plants growing in among the rocks
Or they can be a table and benches for a picnic overlooking Chuckanut Bay
A pile of rocks in a pond is always an opportunity for a good photograph
And they make a barrier for the ocean - holding back the waves
Rock walls - big and small
Old and new
The are good for Racoons, River Otters, Meadowlarks, Herons, Robins and Bald Eagles to perch on
Or just pretty to look at on the beach.

5 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

What an interesting post, JoAnn. I really like all kinds of rocks too. I even have a rock tumbler. There are many agates on the beach on Guemes Island. All ready to polish and display. Neat post. MB

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love that first photo! Nothing brings out the beauty of rocks like water.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great way to use rocks. I love the rock wall and the one with the plants growing around them. I saw some of those rock fence posts when I was visiting friends in Northern Minnesota.

Kay said...

Fun post!

Julie Fukuda said...

I am a rock lover! My rock garden contains one fake rock which holds the house key. (My husband can't hang on to a key for even a week but he can find the rock.) I love to bring home a rock or pebble from places with meaning to me ... and I do have a few from the northwest coast ... agates and petrified wood polished by the ocean waves.