Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Houses


So many pretty houses
As we take our drives to look for birds we also see many lovely houses in the country 

Some are older than others - but still fairly well kept 
The soft green lawn of spring 
A balcony over a glassed in porch 
Some have been abandoned and the weather and time have taken their toll 
And some old barns 
And new - with blooming apple trees  
One of my favorite old barns - it sits in the back of a field that is hayed every year 
Hard to get a picture of it because of the heavy traffic on the road to Stanwood - this one I took looking back with my camera held out the window - as we were speeding along (I did  have the camera strap around my wrist).  There is an eagle's nest in the tree in the skyline above the barn.

Do you prefer taking photos of new or old houses and buildings?

11 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Old houses, definitely!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I justlove the way that houses in countries are built of the indigenous materials. We have no wooden houses at all here. Almost all the houses in the Yorkshire Dales are built of the local stone. Some more modern ones are built of brick. I have travelled a lot in the US and absolutely love those wooden houses.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Is that first place the House of the Rising Sun?

Marigene said...

Beautiful houses and barns...can't believe how green everything is there!

Mary said...

I see the eagle's nest! Lovely photos. I love old barns and old homes too. So much charm and character compared to the new ones. And if their walls could talk..! :)

Julie Fukuda said...

When I see those old houses, I want to rush in and fix them up to their former glory.

Jeanne said...

I love to photograph old houses. I am fascinated with architecture and the beautiful workmanship on the old homes.

Kay said...

Some of the houses in the Bellingham area are simply beautiful. Those covered porches are pretty irresistible.

Lyn said...

Lovely houses, I especially like the second one xxx

Lorrie said...

Old houses have such charm. I love the windows in that abandoned home.

J said...

The abandoned house just calls to me - I wonder what its history is and if it would like someone like me to approach it, fix it up, and welcome a new family to live inside of it......it has such an aura of mystery!