Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

More Signs of Spring

Even though we are having cool weather - and rain showers - spring is arriving, creeping in here and there - and our town is beginning to show off its colors.  Pink is the main color - with daffodil yellow close behind.  
These pink trees are planted along many streets, in yards and even in shopping centers here.  They are beginning to open and soon the whole town will be dancing in pink 


There are double flowering and single flowering trees - all over town 

White flowering trees are starting to bloom too - light as clouds 

Pussy Willows have been budding for a while now - but I still find trees full of the fuzzy catkins 
  
Forsythia is seen on almost every street - some in hedges - some single bushes - all sunny and bright 
A few Forget-me-nots in a warm corner of a yard
Daffodils everywhere!  
All colors and sizes

In bouquets 
Even in the meridians in the freeways
It's a daffodil spring! 
The skunk cabbage is popping up in the swampy areas 
For all to enjoy! 
A few azaleas are beginning to bloom 

And the heather is in full swing - a little later than usual 

I saw the first Tulip Tree with buds almost open today - and yes, I shall always insist on calling it a Tulip Tree - it is such a pretty name for such a pretty tree. 
Pansies overwinter here - and are blooming even in the cool weather 

Yes indeed - spring is definitely here - my pansies are ready to plant - I had very few that overwintered so I have to start fresh this spring.  I can't wait to get started.

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. ~Margaret Atwood

Happy Spring!!!!



10 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Stunningly beautiful!

Marigene said...

Gorgeous array of color! I can't wait for everything to come alive here...so far the only thing I have seen green are a few tulips in the neighbor's yard.

Jeanne said...

Just lovely spring pictures. No sign of spring here yet. It snowed again this morning.

pam said...

What lovely pictures! You are just a smidgen ahead of us!

The Weaver of Grass said...

That's Spring with a vengeance, JoAnn. My favourites are those elegant pink blossom trees. We have them here but they are not out in flower yet by a long way. They are either cherry or almond I think.

Kay said...

Oh, "dancing in pink!" A perfect description! It seems like you've flitted about with your camera a little like a bee gathering pollen. Everything looks so beautiful and I love the colors you found!

Small City Scenes said...

Happy Spring to you too, JoAnn. Pink is everywhere isn't it. I love it and then there will be pink snow under the trees. If we don't get too much rain that is. All your shots are gorgeous. B

GardenOfDaisies said...

All so gorgeous!!! We don't have a single bloom yet. Sigh. Hopefully not too far away, though. We call your tulip trees "magnolias".

J said...

You've captured every single spring color in its best abundance!

Unknown said...

I think those first pink trees are Kanzan Cherry blossom trees. So pretty =]] I want to put a couple in my back yard.