Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, January 17, 2014

Random 5 Friday

I   haven't done one of these for a while - so thought it might be fun.  Five random things about yourself or your life.

1. We got pictures of Donnie playing his new drums. Is he not the cutest little drummer you've seen in a long time?

2. A friend came to visit and we did crafts together.


3. I baked bread this week - four loaves - now the freezer has lots of bread in it and I won't have to bake for a long time.

.
4. I made a centerpiece for the table - in a winter theme - pine cones, glittered pine cones and white candles - very wintery - even though we don't have snow,  or even rain.


5. I saw a brown spotted horse too.

And an eagle


15 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Are you getting ready for next Halloween already?!?

Fundy Blue said...

Enjoyed your photos! That lovely bread wouldn't last long in my house! You just ooze creativity!

Powell River Books said...

A random busy time. The bread looks good. I'd like to bake some, but we are trying to cut down a bit right now. Too much food lately. - Margy

Julie Fukuda said...

Grandsons and drums ... now that is something I can really identify with. Yep. Cute!

Pondside said...

Grandchild a loaf of fresh bread - two of the best things in life!

Lorrie said...

Such a cute drummer boy and wonderful looking loaves of bread. A great random roundup of your week.

greenthumb said...

Looks like you have been having some lovely times.

Nancy said...

You seem to be embracing and making the most of your winter days -- that's awesome! :)

J said...

I just love this phase of life - where there's time to just enjoy whatever it is we feel like doing - from grandkids to crafting and baking or getting out to take lovely photos! Everything I love is here too!

The Weaver of Grass said...

That bread looks so professional JoAnn - I would eat it all at one go!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cool! Love your little grand on the drums, and I want a piece of that bread. Wonder if I could call the horse over here to give me a lift to your place? ;-)

XO,

Sheila

Jeanne said...

Sweet!! That is one darling little boy! There is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread. I'll be right over! Get the butter out.

Kay said...

I saw Ringo Starr in a documentary last night ("20 Feet from Stardom" - very good). He doesn't hold a candle to Donnie! And your bread has me thinking it's time for lunch...yum!

Neabear said...

Love your photos! I hope the drumming doesn't drive you crazy! LOL! The bread, would not last long here either and there is only 2 of us now. We need rain too.

Linnea

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the aroma of bread in the oven. Four loaves wouldn't last very long in my house, I fear.