Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday






It is time for outdoor Wednesday again - and I have some glorious flowers that I've seen around town.

Stop by and visit more Outdoor Wednesday entries - have fun!!


I'm not sure what these yellow flowers are - but they are everywhere - anyone have any ideas?




The azaleas are blooming at the houses by the lake - blooming like crazy!


Alld different colors!


Even lovelier close up . . .


And rhododendrons of every color - they seem to be in almost every yard . . .

purple and pink . . .
hedges of them . . .
I just can't seem to get enough of them . . .

And my favorite of all time - the Golden Chain trees - there are almost as many of these as there are rhododendrons.

Get closer - you can hear the bees . . .
Get right up in the tree - they are glorious!!!!

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is truly amazing! Look at all of the color. It's BRILLIANT. It looks more like spring than summer. Where were these taken? They are just glorious.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh my goodness honey the colors are just breath taking. I have never seen a Golden Chain Tree, and the azaleas and rhododendrons are so pretty in the big bushes with the assorted colors. What a beautiful place to walk around. Great post. Great post. I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you post next. Please stop by and say hi. I would love for you to follow my blog as well. Country hugs, Sherry

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I agree it looks like Spring not Summer. They are beautiful.
Glenda

Sandra said...

I love your photos! The rhododendrons are stunning! Thank you for sharing!
Blessings,
Sandra

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh I just love those rhododendrons! Fanatastic. Wonderful pictures, thanks!
Cass
(I don't know what that yellow flower is, either.)

KayC. said...

What beautiful flowers!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the masses of color you chose for us today. Your flowers and the photographs of them are really lovely. Thanjs for sharing them with us.